PRIVACY MISSION STATEMENT
Our Mission is
- To respect the confidentiality of personal information
- To protect individuals’ right to privacy
To maintain confidence and trust in the way we handle personal data by introducing technical and organisational measures in order to protect the security and the confidentiality of the personal data we collect and process.
INFORMATION ABOUT EMD FOREX
EMD Forex we having its registered address at Suite 305, Griffith Corporate Centre, Beachmont, Kingston, St. Vincent And The Grenadines
For any personal data related issues, we are accountable to the Information Commission
INDIVIDUALS WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA FROM
The individuals we collect data from include prospective and existing clients, prospective and current employees, contractors, directors, shareholders and other parties with whom we do business (also referred to in this Policy as “you”).
We are committed to safeguarding all the personal information we collect and process, in compliance with the local legislation, currently the Data Protection Act 2001 and any subsequent legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (the “Legislation”).
PRIVACY PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
EMD Forex collects personal data that is necessary for the performance of our services to you, the improvement of the client experience, for screening purposes that are required by the MFSA or for recruitment purposes and HR related matters. We never request more personal data than we actually need in order to perform the above. Depending on the category into which you may fall (e.g. prospective client or client, employee etc.) we vary our personal data request.
Personal Data we collect includes:
- Date of Birth
- Email address
- Postal address
- Information on employment status and income
- National insurance number
- Driving licence (copy of Passport, tax number for residents of certain countries)
- Bank account details
- Telephone number
- IP address
To confirm the above information, we ask you for proof of permanent address, including a utility bill, a copy of the passport or a driving licence.
We also collect and store client reports such as trading history and deposit history, and communication between EMD Forex and the client, including emails and telephone calls, for regulatory purposes. For employees, we collect references, previous employment history, Curriculum Vitae, academic records, bank account details.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
We collect, process and manage your personal data in order to perform our services, rights and obligations set by contract with you; to comply with our legal obligations; to exercise our legitimate interests or upon your consent.
Please see below the purposes that we may process your personal data for:
- To determine if you are appropriate for our services and products
- To confirm your identity and to maintain your personal profile;
- To update your profile on your notification;
- To manage your account and to provide you with account support, including updates, notifications, and matters concerning your trading activities and the activities of EMD Forex;
- To provide you with information about your account;
- To provide the products and services for which you signed up;
- To comply with the requirements of the MFSA, other Regulators and applicable law
- To settle enquires, defend legal claims and support regulatory requests
- To contact you when necessary or appropriate in relation to services provided to you;
- To keep you updated whilst you are a client in relation to matters such as your trading
- To detect and prevent fraud, unlawful activity and security issues;
- To provide you with access to our payments services for fund management;
- To manage and administer the products and services provided to you;
- To provide you with information regarding the products and services offered by EMD Forex;
- To assist you in developing an understanding of the products and services that you may
be interested in obtaining from EMD Forex;
- To improve our services and the client experience;
- To provide you with information or opportunities that we believe may be relevant to you;
- To create anonymised statistical data;
- To provide you with security alerts;
- To form profiles in relation to your characteristics, preferences and interactions so that
we can make automated decisions in relation to our services, marketing and advertisements;
- To analyse your activity for business reporting activities.
Where your consent is required for processing of your personal data, we always request it before we obtain and process your personal data and we inform you as to the purpose of the processing. You can withdraw your consent at any time. In cases where we might have shared your data with third parties, we will also notify those parties of your decision to withdraw your consent.